Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Proud mom

I am so proud of Julian. Of course I am biased, very much so too and I am not shy to admit it!! Why? Well, because he is so sweet and kind and loving...just like his old mom...ahem...haha...all of that but I am extra extra proud of what he is doing in school now.

Let me explain, they have this rather weird program in school where Year 6 students are eligible to be chosen as 'model' student. Actually, 'chosen' is not exactly correct - they actually have to campaign and be voted as one. Sounds simple right? So, as a proud mom, I was rather hoping my little boy would be selected to campaign. But unfortunately, life does not always go the way we wanted. Anyway, he was not selected because his average was 2 points below the mark. Bummer , but then that is life. I was a tad disappointed and so was he but then it's not the end of the world.
So, why am I still so proud of him , one may ask?

The reason is because, despite his disappointment, he went whole heartedly all the way to help his friend in his campaign. In short, he became his friend's campaign manager! He helped print the campaign flyers and distributed them in school. He came up with the campaign strategy and angle. Next week, he will make a speech on his friend's behalf to solicit votes. That's why I am so proud - he kept aside his own disappointment and tried to help his friend to victory. This is pure Julian - he is so un selfish and is always thinking of others. This boy is truly a gem and I thank God for giving him to me!

1 comment:

  1. little boy with a good heart. he will be a MAN in the future.

    ReplyDelete