Thursday, October 29, 2009

Weird tales

Watched 2 episodes of Weird Travels yesterday on Astro's 'Travel and Living' Channel. No, it is not a normal travel documentary like the ones Ian Wright ( one of my favourites!) or Asha Gill hosts, and definitely not like any mundane ones like Fun Taiwan, but it is one of the travel documentaries that I like very much.

If you have watched it before, you will know why it's called Weird Travels - it deals exclusively with the supernatural! Yup, it features haunted places all over America and sometimes Europe, too. Yesterday, one episode featured haunted hotels in America and the other focused solely on Chicago.

The gwailos are certainly a weird lot - it seems that some people do like to stay in haunted hotels just to have a chance of meeting its resident ghost! Me, I'd never ever stay in one if I knew it had a resident from the other realm! Would you?

So, all these eerie tales brought back some personal experiences. Now's a good time as any to relate them cos Halloween is just around the corner.

I have always thought, then and up till now, that one of the houses I stayed in as a kid was haunted. It was a double story house in Petaling Garden. In those days, some of those houses were actually 2-in-1 as one family would occupy the ground floor while the 1st floor was a separate unit. Anyway, we have just moved to PJ, after the May 13 fiasco, and we stayed in the ground floor unit. I remembered that the day we moved in, I got sick. Now, I do not recall any strange noises or things that go bump in the night but I do remember vividly that in one of the rooms which we used as a dining room, there was a huge drawing of a lady with long hair - just the head view. Well, it was not an actual drawing in the real sense - more like someone used water to sketch on the wall, yunno, like wet marks. Only that this does not dry up and disappear! I don't know why I never mentioned this to anyone then, and even now, I have never asked my family if they have seen it. So, I really don't know if it was only me or not. Guess I was and am now still too scared to find out the truth! I only remembered never walking near that wall and I never stayed in that room alone!

Another experience was in England, some years back...must have been at least 10 years ago. Anyway, the hubby and I were driving through England with some friends on a golfing holiday and we had to pass through a little town called Perth, on our way to St, Andrews. We stayed the night at a little inn ...yunno, the typical English countryside inn..old and a bit eerie. We had a fairly large room, with the bathroom slightly lower - you had to go down a short stairs to get to it. Anyway, the story had nothing to do with the bathroom!!! I digress...sorry! Sometime in the middle of the night, I heard, or I thought I heard a lady open the room door and when I shouted who is it, she said..oops, sorry wrong room and closed it back. I know it does not sound scary...but I have this weird feeling that it's not human.And we have definitely locked the door. Hubby says, at that time, he did not hear anything. Bet he doesn't even remember it now ( all he remembers of Perth was that wonderful duck we had at a Chinese restuarant there - now that's another story another time!!!) Anyways, it left a deep impression on me and I still maintain I was not dreaming!

I love horror movies and stories but I hope I will not encounter any as I truly believe in the existence of these beings. I have seen stuff that cannot be explained and I think it's wiser to keep a respectful distance and not disturb the peace.

Happy Halloween :) Peace to all.

1 comment:

  1. nice stories. hope to see more updates. lol. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete