Thursday, October 15, 2009

Stupid robbers in the neighbourhood

2 articles in yesterday's and today's papers caught my attention. One was regarding petty robbers in my neighbourhood and the other about the new 'Malay Dilemma'. Both I have some strong views on. Since the latter is politically inclined and the former much closer to home ( literally!), I shall put my 2 cents worth in the former!! Be safe...is my motto..hehe

Ok, the articles aid that there has been an increase in the number of robberies in my area. Most occur early in the morning, dawn to be precise, and the victims are elderly ladies on their morning walks or to/fro the park where they do their early morning taichi or whatever elderly ladies do! This is no big deal, right? Happens in a lot of neighbourhood to helpless old ladies. But what caught my interest was that these robbers would waylay them and make them strip ......no, no, not to rape or molest them but to check that they do not keep any money hidden in their underwear!!!
This, I don't comprehend...I mean, if I were an elderly lady ( which I am not..yet..!!!), and if I were to go for an early morning exercise , I will NOT carry any money at all!!! Or if I did, I would bring just enough to cover breakfast and a cuppa with my exercise buddies later. I would not, like carry a hundred or more bucks with me!!! In fact , ten bucks would more than enought to buy my teh tarik and roti!! Even if I were to carry extra cash, how to hide it in your undies??? So what are these extremely stupid robbers thinking of???Oh, maybe can put inside the bra hor??? Hmmm..maybe they do get cheap thrills watching old ladies in their undies....how perverted can one get??? Personally, these creeps have no brains - I mean, how much would you carry with you? ( Slap forehead !) Maybe that's why they are what they are- small petty robbers cos they can't even figure out this simple logic!!

On the other hand, even if one don't lose much money, it would undoubtedly give any old lady an extremely traumatic experience, or maybe a heart attack to be asked to strip on the road. So....does this means one should carry more money for them to rob or risk having to strip??? Sigh...I really don't know, the state of things is so sad nowadays....better not to go out!!! And then how? Old ladies don't get exercise and get unhealthy......the vicious cycle doesn't end. What is the world coming to, one can't even step out of the house without having to worry to about personal safety.

1 comment:

  1. i guess there is nothing much we can do about it? anyway, stop worrying about stuff that we can't control and do what we are capable of doing? afterall, it's life. choose to live happier, less sorrow. bad stuff will come automatically, dont need to search for them.

    ReplyDelete