Monday, July 27, 2009

Blogging is 0% censorship and 100% transparency

Thank you to Anonymous who commented so encouragingly after my last post on self censorship. Hey, hope you don't mind me using your quote as a heading ! :) Yeah, you are right but it's just my cowardly nature that makes me shy away from fully expressing myself!!! Haha...like the lion in Wizard of Oz who lost his courage!

Yes, blogging should be 0% or almost 0% censorship. Afterall, it is merely the blogger's view and does not represent anything else. And Anonymous is absolutely correct in saying that we can write about anything we like. ( er..most anything la - safer to stay clear of political and religious issues!!!) Well, thank you for your valuable input. I shall try to 'open' up more. Hmm..let's see how this blog will turn out.

Some people out there are really party poopers. I have bookmarked one particular site that regularly posts up latest episodes of my beloved TVB series. (It's an aunty site that focus on TVB series, family and food - all my fave topics). This blogger got bombarded by readers when she was slow in posting the latest episodes ( she was busy cos her child was sick) and the straw was that they 'cursed' her child for getting sick !! Can you imagine the mentality of these people? So in the end, she decided not to post the shows anymore. Can't blame her though, she was merely doing people like us a favour and she and family kena scolded with four letter words! This is one side of blogging that really turn people off.

Anyway, it's great to know that people do read my blog and think about the contents for all it's worth!! I have read Kenny Sia's blog and of course we are not in the same league...hey,we are not even on the same planet!! He is so awesome. I am just an 'aunty' who thinks she can write!!

Thanks for your support and time! Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. hmm..i guess i ought to reply to this post..lol... 1st-ly of course i dont mind aunty using my words as ur heading...

    well, i dont see anything that sensitive that u cant blog about... maybe i am not included or mentioned so i dont feel it... but seriously... blogging is to blog about what u like not what ppl like, what u want no what ppl want.

    So... continue writing.... and dont be that humble...true..u may be an aunty... but u really can write =) so...WRITE MORE..

    ReplyDelete