Sunday, July 26, 2009

Harry Potter and the half Blood Prince and others...

Caught that movie a week ago but sad to say, it didn't quite live up to expectations. In fact, I thought it was a bit draggy and I was kinda wishing for it to end. It certainly was not too memorable - the most interesting bits were the scenes between Ron Weasly and Lavender Brown. The 'won won' thing really cracked me up!! Harry does not shine here at all. :( I think Rupert Grint outdid himself here. All his scenes were really funny, thank goodness, otherwise I might just have nodded off!!

I saw a trailer which I thought was exciting. 'The Orphan' piqued my interest and as a great lover of good horror movies, I think it might be worth catching. However, due to the content, it's probably rated 18, so I'll have to persuade the hubby to take me. ( He hates horror movies) Sigh....

Just watched Jackie Chan's 'Shinjuku Incident' on DVD with the boys. They have waited a long time for this. Yeah, I know I am rather behind times but what to do? It was rated 18 and I couldn't bring the boys to watch it at the cinema. It was good, but very gory and violent - hence the rating. But I guess it's a good movie to educate the kids , or rather scare them into not messing around with the mob. The hand cutting and face slashing scenes were most disturbing and I really felt like vomitting when Daniel Wu got his hand cut off :( Urgh..

Okay, movies over. Time to get back to my favourite TVB series. Latest one I am watching now is 'Burning Flame 3' Okay la, but I am not a big fan of Wong Hei. Kevin Cheng is quite cute though, wonder if he really skates as in the series? Anyone knows? TV beckoning now - cheers, people. Drop me a line if you wanna yak about this series!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment