Sunday, July 26, 2009

Self censorship

I've discovered that it isn't easy writing a blog. Well, not as easy as I originally thought it would be. How hard can it be when you just write whatever strikes your fancy, right? WRONG!!! Hmm..I am still so naive in such things..haha. Recently, I have discovered that some people don't like being written about, good or bad. Well, of course everyone don't like to be written about in a bad way . But some people don't even liked being mentioned !! So being the nice person that I am (ahem, ahem), I have to exercise self censorship as I simply do not want to step on people's toes, intentionally or otherwise.

I have concluded 3 very very important things. First, I can never ever be a reporter !! Even if I were to report facts, I am so afraid that the truth will hurt some people and I simply don't have the guts or thick skin to interrogate for the facts. Second, I am also afraid that people might misunderstand my piece and be sensitive about it and worse still, don't like me for it. And very sadly, third, I am a BIG coward, afraid of stirring up trouble !! haha...guess now I will just concentrate on neutral stuff, ya! . Does that defeat the purpose of writing a blog?? You tell me!

2 comments:

  1. hmm...blogging is actually about writing stuff that u wanna write about.. i guess it's consider zero censorship and 100% transparency? but not 100% censorship and zero transparency... well..if u hv time...try to visit kennysia's blog... things and stuff he wrote are real sensitive..but he is one of the top bloggers..lol... so..write what u want write what u wish...

    p.s. but then..lol..just my piece of opinion.. might hv consequences ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. *write what u want to write and what u wish to write >.<

    ReplyDelete