Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kopi 'kau kau'

It's Wednesday afternoon and that translates to music classes for the boys and in turn that translates to one hour of waiting till they finish. Somehow, it's not the same as when they are skating. I can stay for hours at the rink and watch them (in momspeak, this means - keep an eye on them and make sure they don't slack!!). But if they are not skating, I don't have that much inclination to watch the others, unlike some parents who will purposely turn up and hide upstairs just to watch their kid's competitor practise. Yes, we know you are there!!! Besides it's not that fun watching public skaters struggling to stay upright! So with one hour to kill every week, I invariably end up at my favorite 'kopi kau kau' shop in the mall. The coffee is much cheaper than Starbucks , Coffee Bean or even Dunkin Donuts. Here, I pay only RM2.75 for a cup of good ( mind you, good not great) hot coffee, done the local style, hence the 'kau kau' factor!

I usually do the coffee 'take-out' at this place when the boys are skating and bring it down to the rink. So frequently so that the boy serving me just now gave me 'take away' cup instead of the ceramic ones they use for dine-in! Guess this shows that they recognise me already! Maybe next time, I don't even have to tell them what I want - kopi kau kau kurang manis. It's kinda addictive cos I do find myself craving for a cup sometimes. By the way, the 'yin yeong' here is pretty decent ,too!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment